Wednesday, July 29, 2009

happy times

     This week started off with being closed for a day, which is always a little sad, but now we have a new air conditioner/furnace!  I don't think my eyeballs will pop out of my head again at our energy bill like they did last month after summer truly kicked in, and we ran the AC a bunch.  Neal Harris is a really great heating/cooling company.  That's who we have been using at the shop, and who we have always used in our home.  They are nice, thorough, and usually have coupons or discounts running.  

     While we were closed, we took the opportunity to add a couple new things.  One is not too major.  We now offer organic lemonade as a drinking option.  It is seriously just organic lemon juice, organic sugar, and water.  Tasty.  You can get it mixed with iced tea as well...usually known as an "Arnold Palmer," we weren't sure if we could use that name or not, so we went with "Tee Time."  Cheesy, perhaps, but we are like that.  The other change is starting a daily happy hour!  There are some pretty good deals on there.  I think Saturday should be a blast.  Potentially frightening for folks without kids, but maybe not!  Fun!

     Otherwise...

This Friday we will hang new artwork, and begin our journey of switching out which artists are showing every month.  I will definitely post info on each artist here each time we change.  I'm looking forward to it.  

We, and our neighbors, received nice little write-ups on The Ink's website, and in the print edition that hit the news stands today!  Thanks, Sarah.  We certainly appreciate the interest.

Jolinda is back from vacation, and back to baking for us.  I really enjoyed my stint as baker, and wouldn't mind doing it again, but have to say I am thankful for her return.  A lot of my other duties fell to the side while I took over.

That's it for now.  The bike rack will get installed soon...we are waiting for Jo's husband to have some spare moments to do it.  He has many tools, and can drill into asphalt which is what we need!  Have good days...



2 comments:

  1. We like Neal Harris, too, but I think they've changed their name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found the link to this article! Thank you so much for the kind words about Neal Harris (still our name)! It's always a nice surprise to see great things written about your company. Hope you're enjoying your new system.

    Kate Gleeson
    Marketing Manager

    ReplyDelete